The NEW Zoo’s Giraffe Feeding Experience is an amazing experience in indeed – in fact, it’s practically one-of-a-kind! No where else in the country will you find a program quite like ours with such accessibility and affordable pricing. The Giraffe Feeding Experience is open year-round, outdoors at the Feeding Platform seasonally, and indoors at our Giraffe Building during cold or inclement weather. Hodari and Zuri, our Reticulated Giraffes, are waiting to meet you! So don’t delay – enjoy this experience today!
- November through March: daily from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and again from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- April, May, September, October: daily from 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. and again from 2:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- June, July, August: daily from 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. and again from 2:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- $1 per two pieces of romaine lettuce or other type of seasonally-available leaves/browse
- There is NO COST to meet the Giraffes; only to feed them if you desire. Feeding is optional.
- The outdoor Giraffe Feeding Platform is located near the center of the zoo — across from the Prairie Dog exhibit and beside the North American Plains exhibit.
- The indoor Giraffe Feeding Building is located within the Children’s Zoo.
Want to get to know the giraffes a little better?
- If you are interested in getting a “behind-the-scenes” look at our giraffes, consider a Wild Encounter: Zoo Encounter program! Find details here.
- Consider becoming a Giraffe Volunteer! For details, visit our Volunteer page.