The NEW Zoo’s Education Department has a wide variety of programs available for nearly any audience or group. We cater to the young and to the young-at-heart! If you are interested in adding a little “something extra” to your zoo visit, consider booking an educational program with us. All of the programs listed below are appropriate for small or large groups, including families, corporations, and more.
- These private programs typically involve behind-the-scenes experiences. Geared towards small groups of up to 15 people, Wild Encounters provide a wonderful way to make your visit a once-in-a-lifetime experience!
- This popular program is one of our Wild Encounters. Perfect for children (ages 8 and up) who love animals and want to know what it’s like to work with them. This program can be purchased as a gift – and it makes a great one! Visit the Wild Encounters page for details.
- Zoo Camp is a WILD way for children to spend the day! Each year, we offer a variety of programs for students entering 5K through 7th grades. Registration begins annually in January, and most classes fill quickly. Click on the link above for details.
- Our ZOO SNOOZE program is perfect for any group! Although most-popular with Scout groups, we can also accommodate church groups and school groups. We even have special school group rates for weekday programs. Our Snooze programs can be tailored for nearly any group type, including families.
- Each year, we also typically offer at least one Public Zoo Snooze opportunity for families. These opportunities will be posted here as they arise, and they will also be shared on our News and Events pages.
- Although designed for school groups, these programs can make a great addition to any day at the zoo, regardless of your group size. A small minimum fee applies.