Bring the NEW Zoo to YOU when you can’t make a trip to the NEW Zoo! We can meet your group’s needs with an ‘edZOOcational’ program brought right to your location!
For information or to register
- Call 920-434-7841 ex 2405
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- $150 per first program or hour
- $50 per additional same-day program or hour
- Additional $1.00 per mile when traveling outside of Brown County
- 30 minutes for Pre-K and K students
- 45 minutes for all other age groups
- 60 minutes for Meet & Greet style
- Classroom Program—recommended for up to 35 students (also appropriate for Private Parties)
- Assembly Style—for large audiences
- Meet & Greet Style—for any size group (reserved on hourly-basis; appropriate for large parties and events)
Frequently Asked Questions
What animals come on the programs?
- The members of our Program Animal Collection join us on the Zoomobiles. These are animals like turtles, tortoises, lizards, snakes, rabbits, frogs, spiders, armadillos, porcupines, and more! The exact animals we bring will depend on your program topic, as well as animal availabilities on the day of your program.
What is a “Meet and Greet” style presentation?
- A “Meet and Greet” style presentation is something that works well for festivals and special events. Instead of doing a lecture-type presentation, we bring a variety of animals and sometimes “Biofacts,” or things like furs, skulls, feathers, and we allow the members of your group to come up to us and meet the animals as they wish. People can come and go from our display as they please, and we will introduce them to the animals and our Biofacts, and also answer questions. All other Zoomobile presentation styles will be more formalized, including a lecture-style presentation, usually with a question-and-answer session at the end.
How far can the Zoomobile travel?
- This depends somewhat on the type of program you wish to reserve with us. On average, the Zoomobile can travel about 60 miles from the NEW Zoo, or however far we can get in about one hour of driving time. Our goal is to have the animals away from their homes for no more than four hours at a time, so that they have enough time during the day to eat and exercise comfortably in their home enclosures. The four hours includes travel (there and back) and presentation time. Sometimes, we can travel a bit further than that, especially if you are booking us for a 30-minute program.
What do I need to provide at the location?
- We typically ask that you provide us with a table for our presenters to use. Hands-free microphones are requested for presentations in front of large audiences, but the NEW Zoo can also bring a portable sound system if needed. Our animals must be in a space where the temperature is comfortable for them. When outdoors, we must be in the shade, and we must know in advance if we will be on a black-top surface. If you are interested in having the Zoomobile at your house, we must be in a pet-free environment.
Zoomobile Programs for School Groups
Talk about a wild way to get your students excited about education — we’ll bring the NEW Zoo right to you! Our live animal ambassadors will be sure to liven up any classroom, special event, or school assembly. We offer a variety of pre-designed programs, or we can tailor one specifically for your group’s needs. Just let us know! Each of the following programs can be delivered as a Class or Assembly, unless otherwise noted. Although geared towards certain grade levels, we can adapt our programs (listed below) for nearly any audience. Call for details.
Fur, Feathers, Shells & Scales
- This basic introduction to animal classification focuses on animal ‘coverings’ to teach the differences among mammals, reptiles, amphibians, birds, and invertebrates. Recommended for grades Pre-K through 2.
Home Sweet Habitat
- Students will learn about different habitat types and the variety of animals that are found within them. Recommended for grades 1 through 4.
- This class defines and then focuses on physical and behavioral adaptations that animals have to survive in their environments. Recommended for grades 4 through 6. Suitable for Meet & Greet programs.
- This program includes discussion on the differences between day– and night-active creatures, with a focus on how nocturnal animals are able to survive in diverse ecosystems. Recommended for grades pre-K through 6.
- Students will examine the five major causes of species endangerments and extinctions worldwide. Included is discussion on daily actions students can take to help protect animals and their environments. Recommended for grades 6 through 12. Suitable for Meet & Greet programs.
What’s New at the NEW Zoo
- This program provides students and teachers with an inside look at the recent events going on at the NEW Zoo. Recommended for adult audiences.
Zoomobile Programs for Private Parties and Events
Our most popular Private Parties are Birthday Parties. These can be done at your home or other location, provided the location meets our temperature and other guidelines. Each Private Party Zoomobile typically involves five animals. Individual animals cannot be guaranteed in advance, due to animal temperaments and emergencies that can occur; however, we do take requests and try our best to accommodate them whenever possible.
- This is our most popular Birthday Party program. It includes visits from a “variety” of program animals, including mammals, reptiles, birds, amphibians and sometimes even invertebrates. Suitable for Presentation-Style and Meet & Greets.
Furry, Feathered Friends
- This program focuses on the more “cuddly” critters in our Program Animal Collection. Includes visits from birds and mammals.
Swim, Slither, Hop!
- This program is geared towards those kids who love the “creepy crawly” critters! Includes visits from animals such as our snakes, lizards, roaches and frogs.