Contact the Internship Department
- Call 920-662-2405
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
The NEW Zoo is currently recruiting interns! This is a unique opportunity for students to gain practical experience in a zoological setting. Internships can be taken for academic credit, based on guidelines from your education institution. All internships are non-paid and duration varies. Anyone over the age of 18 can participate in an internship, provided you have the right qualifications and dedication! Preference is given to applicants looking to earn course credit when Internship opportunities are limited.
All interns should dedicate a reasonable number of hours to the NEW Zoo organization. We recommend 30 hours per week during full-time (typically Summer) Internships (minimum of 300 hours total) and 10-15 hours per week during part-time (typically Fall and Spring) semester Internships (minimum of 150 hours total). Scheduling is flexible, however; we are willing to work with students to accommodate class and work schedules as needed. We have been able to accommodate interested individuals, who are dedicated and hard-working when here, on a more part-time basis during all semesters/seasons.
Interns must also complete an “Intern Project” to benefit the Zoo. Projects must be completed within thirty days after the last day of the student’s internship. Each intern will be assigned a project by the Education Programs Coordinator. Project assignments will vary and will be based on the intern’s skills and interests, as well as the needs of the NEW Zoo at the time of the internship.
Download the Application Here
Application deadlines dates* are as follows:
- Volunteer Coordinator, Communications/Market/Media, and Graphic Design Interns
- April 30th: Summer Semester (May/June through August)
- August 31st: Fall Semester (September through December)
- January 5th: Spring Semester (January/Feb through May)
- Education & Education/Husbandry Interns
- April 7th: Summer Semester Internship (May through August)
- July 25th: Fall Semester Internship (August through January)
- December 20th: Spring Semester Internship (January through May)
*If you have missed an application deadline, you MAY still be able to join the Internship program, depending on whether or not our Internship Training for the Semester has yet taken place. Contact the Education Coordinator to find out for sure
Applications should be submitted to the Education Coordinator in one of the following ways:
4418 Reforestation Road
Green Bay, WI 54313