Mayan project to start changes at NEW Zoo
By Tony Walter firstname.lastname@example.org
Zoo officials received permission from the Brown County Education and Recreation Committee to send requests for proposals for an architect, general contractor and equipment for the Mayan Taste of the Tropics food court that is expected to become a zoo centerpiece.
“It’s all part of our master plan,” said Maria Fisher, operations manager for the zoo. “Everything in the building will resemble Mayan ruins.”
The project, financed by $600,000 in bonding approved by the County Board, will include glass walls that will give visitors a view of some of the more scenic parts of the zoo. The food court will provide seating for 125 to 150 people and enable zoo officials to move the entire food service away from the present welcome center.
“The gift shop will be expanded to include the area that was our food service,” Fisher said, noting that a different area will be used for admission.
The timetable will depend on the ability to hire an architect and contractor.
- December 13th Holiday Fest Holiday Fest »
- December 14th Holiday Fest Holiday Fest »
- April 3rd 2nd Annual "Skunks are Beautiful" Cribbage Tournament »
- April 5th Birthday with the Animals Birthday with the animals »
- April 19th Eggstravanazoo Eggstravanazoo »
- May 11th Mother's Day Mother's Day »
- June 7th Girl Scout Day Girl Scout Day »
- June 15th Father's Day Father's Day »