New Lynx Kittens Arrive
Introducing Carson and Lucy
The NEW Zoo is pleased to announce the arrival of two Lynx kittens, Carson and Lucy! Both cats are available for observation in the nursery at the NEW Zoo animal hospital as they are now old enough and strong enough to be in the public eye. Come and check out the kittens’ adorable little faces and huge paws between noon and 3:00pm daily.
Zoo officials are optimistic that the pair will assume residency in their permanent exhibit in future weeks. Carmen Murach, Curator of Animals at the zoo, now transports the kittens to and from the facility as they remain reliant on Murach for scheduled feedings and monitored, overnight care. Murach has honed her mothering capabilities of non-domesticated cats over the past year by having recently hand raised two orphaned African Lion cubs born at the NEW Zoo.
“Adult Lynx have large feet but you will be amazed at the size of Carson’s paws!” stated Murach. “They are adorable and sweet and love attention. They are an absolute hit with staff, volunteers and we’re certain they will be a hit with you too!” said Murach.
Thank You Lee and Kathy Anderson
The acquisition of Carson and Lucy was made possible through a generous donation from Lee and Kathy Anderson, animal lovers and active volunteers here at the facility.
- December 13th Holiday Fest Holiday Fest »
- December 14th Holiday Fest Holiday Fest »
- April 3rd 2nd Annual "Skunks are Beautiful" Cribbage Tournament »
- April 5th Birthday with the Animals Birthday with the animals »
- April 19th Eggstravanazoo Eggstravanazoo »
- May 11th Mother's Day Mother's Day »
- June 7th Girl Scout Day Girl Scout Day »
- June 15th Father's Day Father's Day »