We’re Goin’ for the World Record!
We’re Goin’ for the World Record!
Saturday, April 3rd, 2010 at Noon
Join the zoo crew at noon in our attempt to beat the Guinness Book of World Records for the world’s largest ‘bunny hop’! We’re sure we can do it-we need over 3,900 hoppers! For the cost of regular admission-all visitors are invited to participate. This is a chance of a lifetime-if the record is broken, participants can purchase a certificate from Guinness which indicates they were part of the record breaking troupe.
Join us for the Easter EggStravaganZoo.
Definition of Record
- This record is for the greatest number of people simultaneously performing the “Bunny hop” at a single venue.
- 3,841 participants
- Although the record is for the number of people involved, the total length of the line should also be submitted as additional evidence.
- Participants must be assembled in a single, continuous line. The line need not be straight.
- All participants should wear a headband with bunny’s ears.
- Each person should be able to touch his/her neighbor with ease if their arms were outstretched.
- The person at the front should move at an appropriate pace with the rest of the line following. Participants must remain within arm’s length of the person in front of them at all times.
- The number of people who are hoping to constitute the record must be all well versed in the dance moves.
- A loud start and finish signal recognized by all participants must be used. Two experienced timekeepers (e.g. from a local athletics club) must time the attempt with stopwatches accurate to 0.01 seconds.
- The dance must last a minimum of 5 minutes. Any performers who do not participate fully for the entire 5 minutes must be deducted from the final total. This needs to be done so that the record is clearly for the number of people actually participating and not just the number of people attending the event.
- All participants must be performing the same routine simultaneously, thus all participants must be able to either see instructors or follow their movements on a video screen.
- The chosen dance area must be large enough to not only hold the people but to allow them to dance unrestricted the required steps.
- Attendance numbers must be accurately confirmed by means of either registration into a logbook, by turnstile or by a ticketing system to count the participants. This is essential and must be done efficiently. The method to be used must be pre-approved by Guinness.
- The two overall independent witnesses must confirm the exact and final figure of total participants in their statements.
- Sufficient stewards must be involved to ratify that all the contestants fully participate in the attempt – stewards must be placed in such a way that every part of the record attempt area is visible to the officials
- Two witness statements or signed affidavit by a public notary
- Independent corroboration in the form of media coverage
- Video footage of the record attempt on VHS, DVD or CD-Rom Video
- High quality color photographs
- Log books, official statements & measurements
- December 13th Holiday Fest Holiday Fest »
- December 14th Holiday Fest Holiday Fest »
- April 3rd 2nd Annual "Skunks are Beautiful" Cribbage Tournament »
- April 5th Birthday with the Animals Birthday with the animals »
- April 19th Eggstravanazoo Eggstravanazoo »
- May 11th Mother's Day Mother's Day »
- June 7th Girl Scout Day Girl Scout Day »
- June 15th Father's Day Father's Day »