There’s always something new at your NEW Zoo!
NEW Zoo educators are here to HELP YOU meet your students’ educational needs. Our programs are designed to supplement your curriculum in a fun and “edZOOcational” setting. There’s more to a zoo visit than just seeing the animals. Our classes bring science and other subjects to life, helping children and adults alike make connections to real-world topics through the use of live animals.
According to the National Science Teachers Association, “Student interaction with organisms is one of the most effective methods of achieving many of the goals outlined in the National Science Education Standards (NSES).” Live animals spark curiosity and encourage compassion and understanding in our students, and they are guaranteed to make for a memorable experience that’s rich in both learning and fun.
NEW Zoo programs are affordable and making reservations is easy! Call 920-434-7841 ex 2405 or email email@example.com today!
For more details about our programs, download a pdf version of our Field Trip Guide.
Due to a Brown County Resolution, the NEW Zoo is unable to offer reduced fees or lowered rates for group visits. We are committed to keeping prices low for everyone who visits our facility.
- Children (2yrs & under) Free Admission
- Children (3-15) $5.00
- Adults (16+) $7.00
- Seniors (62+) $5.00
- Admission is HALF PRICE in January and February
Payment for school group visits can be made one of two ways:
- Pay on arrival through check (made out to NEW Zoo), cash, or credit cards (Visa or Mastercard.)
- An invoice can be created for you upon your arrival; you can take that back to your school and then mail in the payment.
- Bus parking is available ONLY in the upper lot located at the top of the hill next to the zoo. Buses may use the main parking lot across the street from the zoo only for the drop-off or pick-up of group passengers.
- Cars may park in main lot across from zoo entrance
- Parking is free for all cars and buses
- Getting here is easy — visit our Location page for directions.
- 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. November 1st to March 31st
- 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. April, May, September, and October
- 9:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. June, July, and August
- Open 365 days per year
Helpful Hints to Remember
- May is our busiest month of school groups
- Thursdays and Fridays are generally the busiest days of the week. Plan to come on a Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday to avoid crowds – it will make a difference!
- Arrive early to avoid congestion. If you reserve a Zoo Class or Zoo Tour, you should plan to arrive at least 15 minutes early. Late arrival will affect the length of your program.
- All classes and tours are by reservation only. Space is limited, so make your reservations early!
- Picnicking is not allowed on zoo grounds. However, picnic tables are available near the parking lots and in the surrounding Reforestation Camp. You must carry out your trash and recyclables.
- We encourage you to have the cell phone numbers of all adults in your party in case you become separated!
Additions & Extras to Enhance Your Visit
K.C. Stock Safari Train & the Endangered Species Carousel
Visit the Paws & Claws Gift Shop
*Please note that school groups (and other groups) are no longer able to climb the historic Fire Tower. The Fire Tower is only available to Zip Line customers; however, you may walk up to the base of the tower. Educational graphics are provided at that location.