Is your child ready to get out of the house and spend a fun day at the Zoo? (Are YOU ready to have your child out of the house, spending a fun day at the Zoo?) Then our Winter Break Zoo Camp is perfect for you! These day camp programs are designed for elementary-aged students in 1st through 4th grades. Winter Break Zoo Camp includes educational presentations & conversations, up-close encounters with live animals, games and/or crafts, and time spent outdoors, visiting the zoo animals. The Zoo will provide a morning snack, as well as a tasty hot chocolate afternoon treat. Students should bring a non-refrigerated, non-microwavable lunch, along with a water bottle, and clothing for both indoor and outdoor activities (including boots if snow is on the ground!).
Winter Break Zoo Camp Details
- $40 per child
- Zoo Pass Members receive a 20% discount (applied automatically at check-out)
2023 Dates & Times
- Please note, each student may attend ONE of the following dates, not multiple:
- Stay tuned!
All Zoo Camps include
- Live animal encounters in the classroom
- Educational presentations
- Tours of the Zoo
- Fun, hands-on activities like games and crafts
- A morning snack (students choose from peanut/gluten-free popcorn cooked in coconut oil OR nut- and dairy-free pretzels or animal crackers)
- An afternoon treat (popsicles in warm weather and hot chocolate in cold weather)
- A short, educational video is watched during lunch time
- Drop off & Pick up: We offer curbside drop-off and pick-up using the back door and driveway of our Education & Conservation Center. Detailed instructions on what to expect and where to go will be emailed out a few days before each program.
- Camper Belongings: Each child should have a backpack or other bag to carry and keep all their belongings. We recommend that belongings be labeled with each camper’s first and last name.
Please note: a minimum of 8 children must register for each date in order for the Zoo to hold these programs. Registration will be open until 48 hours prior to the start of each program. If we do not meet the minimum capacity to hold the program, the NEW Zoo will contact parents who have registered, and refunds will be provided.
- Cancellations received prior to one week before the program date will receive a 50% refund.
- Cancellations received within one week of the program date will not receive a refund.
Registration is currently closed. Check back soon!
Members receive a 20% discount that will be applied automatically to your shopping cart – BUT – you MUST be signed in to your membership account in order for the discount to be applied. We recommend that you sign in (or REGISTER using the email address tied to your membership if you have not yet done so) BEFORE you add camp programs to your cart.