The NEW Zoo & Adventure Park is currently experiencing unprecedented low levels of staffing. Our commitment to providing the highest-quality care for our animals remains strong and has not wavered during this challenging time. We regret that we are currently unable to provide many of the daily summer experiences that guests have come to know and love, such as the train and carousel rides, but we are working hard to provide as many experiences as we can, as often as we can. Please see our schedule of daily summer events for more information: Summer 2022 Programs
- The Mayan Restaurant is typically closed, but you can picnic in the park across the street from the zoo, and grab-and-go snacks are available in the main entrance building.
- Vending machines for beverages are also located throughout the zoo – please note, these machines only accept $1 bills – they do not accept $5’s or $10’s (we do have a change machine in the gift shop)
- The Dahlin Express Train and the Endangered Species Carousel are not open on a daily basis
- Currently, no stroller rentals are available. Guests are welcome to your own bring wagons and strollers
- Giraffe Feeding and Children’s Zoo Feedings are currently limited due to staffing; on your arrival, look for signs posted in the main entrance building for daily feeding hours
- See our schedule of daily summer events: Summer 2022 Programs
- The Mining Sluice is running for the season! Purchase bags of “mining rough” in the Paws & Claws Gift Shop
The NEW Zoo is a family-friendly, safe experience:
- The Zoo’s current hours are 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. daily; hours may be adjusted for special events: Please view our Events Page for details.
- You may purchase tickets online in advance. Please have ticket barcodes pulled up up on your phone, or pre-printed and in-hand, prior to entering the Visitor Center
- You may purchase tickets on arrival if you prefer
- Zoo Members (and the guests included on your membership) may visit as normal. Please have your membership card up on your phone and your ID ready when you enter the line
- Please be respectful of others around you when coming into building and maintain social distancing at all times
Please note: Face coverings are not required to visit the NEW Zoo. For certain pre-scheduled, private programs, face coverings will be required.
To keep you safe:
- Social distancing signs and ground markings are located throughout the zoo
- Hand sanitizing stations are strategically located throughout the zoo
- Bathrooms, the Gift Shop, and other high-touch areas are cleaned and sanitized regularly
- If you are not feeling well, we ask that you do not visit the Zoo until you feel better
- We encourage guests to follow the Brown County Public Health face covering recommendations and wear face coverings inside buildings and when unable to socially distance for your safety, as well as for the safety of our staff and animals.
Zoo Admission and Memberships FAQ’s
- We are encouraging zoo guests to purchase tickets online; please print your barcode tickets (or save them to phone) for easy scanning
- Members can visit as usual; please have your membership card pulled up on your phone and your ID ready prior to entering the Visitor Center
- Members with the eMembership Card app may need to update their cards to see updated expiration information. Click on the ‘Find My Membership Cards’ within the NEW Zoo portion of the app to re-download your cards
- Please renew or purchase memberships online prior to visiting, it will save you time and make your day easier
For Adventure Park COVID-19 Information:
- Visit this page: newzoo.org/adventure-park/adventureparkcovid19