Learn more about our COVID-19 Response
This page will be updated as our protocols/procedures change. Please review this page before your next visit!
The NEW Zoo is a family-friendly, safe experience:
- The Zoo’s current hours are 9:00 a.m. to 6:00pm daily; hours may be adjusted for special events: Please view our Events Page for details.
- Capacity is monitored to allow for safe social distancing
- You may purchase tickets online in advance. Please have ticket barcodes pulled up up on your phone, or pre-printed and out, prior to entering the Visitor Center
- You may purchase tickets on arrival if you prefer
- Zoo Members (and the guests included on your membership) may visit as normal. Please have your membership card up on your phone and your ID ready when you enter the line
- The Mayan Restaurant is currently closed due to lack of staff but you can picnic in the park across the street from the zoo and snacks are available in the Visitor Center
- Please be respectful of others around you when coming into building and maintain social distancing at all times
Please note: Face coverings are not required to visit the NEW Zoo, but face coverings are required to participate in certain programs, including the Giraffe Feeding Experience and the Penguin Feeding
To keep you safe:
- Social distancing signs and ground markings are located throughout the zoo
- Hand sanitizing stations are strategically located throughout the zoo
- Bathrooms, the Gift Shop, and other high-touch areas are cleaned and sanitized regularly throughout the day
- If you are not feeling well, we ask that you do not visit the Zoo until you feel better
- We encourage guests to follow the Brown County face covering recommendations and wear face coverings inside buildings and when unable to socially distance for your safety, as well as for the safety of our staff and animals.
Zoo Admission and Memberships FAQ’s
- We are encouraging zoo guests to purchase tickets online; please print your barcode tickets (or save them to phone) for easy scanning
- Members can visit as usual; please have your membership card pulled up on your phone and your ID ready prior to entering the Visitor Center
- Members with the eMembership Card app may need to update their cards to see updated expiration information. Click on the ‘Find My Membership Cards’ within the NEW Zoo portion of the app to re-download your cards
- Please renew or purchase memberships online prior to visiting, it will save you time and make your day easier
For Adventure Park COVID-19 Information:
- Visit this page: newzoo.org/adventure-park/adventureparkcovid19