The NEW Zoo & Adventure Park is currently experiencing unprecedented low levels of staffing. Our commitment to providing the highest-quality care for our animals remains strong and has not wavered during this challenging time. We regret that we are currently unable to provide many of the daily summer experiences that guests have come to know and love, such as the train and carousel rides, but we are working hard to provide as many experiences as we can, as often as we can.
- The Mayan Restaurant is typically open daily from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. during our Winter Hours of Operation. The restaurant may close without notice due to staff shortages and will not be open on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve, or New Year’s Day
- When the Mayan Restaurant is closed, drinks and snacks will be available in the Visitor Center building.
- The Dahlin Express Train and the Endangered Species Carousel are not open on a daily basis
- Currently, no stroller rentals are available. Guests are welcome to your own bring wagons and strollers
- Giraffe Feeding and Children’s Zoo Feedings are currently limited due to staffing; on your arrival, look for signs posted in the main entrance building for daily feeding hours
The NEW Zoo is a family-friendly, safe experience:
- The Zoo’s current hours are 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. daily; hours may be adjusted for special events: Please view our Events Page for details.
- You may purchase tickets online in advance. Please have ticket barcodes pulled up up on your phone, or pre-printed and in-hand, prior to entering the Visitor Center
- Tickets are also available at the door, to be purchased on your arrival
- Zoo Members (and the guests included on your membership) may visit as normal. Please have your membership card up on your phone and your ID ready when you enter the line
Zoo Admission and Memberships FAQ’s
- We encourage zoo guests to purchase tickets online; please print your barcode tickets (or save them to phone) for easy scanning
- Members can visit as usual; please have your membership card pulled up on your phone and your ID ready prior to entering the Visitor Center
- Please renew or purchase memberships online prior to visiting, it will save you time and make your day easier
For Adventure Park COVID-19 Information:
- Visit this page: newzoo.org/adventure-park/adventureparkcovid19