There’s always something new at your NEW Zoo!
Keep in Mind
- Carry-in meals are NOT permitted inside of Zoo gates. School Groups who choose to bring bag lunches MUST eat them outside of the zoo, on any of the may picnic tables provided near parking lots at the Adventure Park facility. You must carry-out all trash; garbage cans are NOT provided outside of the Zoo.
- We recommend having ONE REPRESENTATIVE from your organization enter Visitor Center main entrance building to check-in and pay for your group upon arrival. Students/chaperones should wait just outside the building until after your representative has checked your group in. If your adult chaperones are paying for themselves separately, we recommend they do this immediately after your Representative has paid for your teachers/students/etc. Your Representative should enter the building knowing: How many children are in your group; how many adults are in your group; what time(s) is/are your program(s) scheduled to begin? If you are not paying upon arrival, then your Representative should STILL check-in with us so that we can create your invoice that your representative will then bring back to your school/organization.
Due to a Brown County Resolution, the NEW Zoo is unable to offer reduced fees or lowered rates for group visits. We are committed to keeping prices low for everyone who visits our facility.
Payment for school group visits can be made one of two ways:
- Pay on arrival through check (made out to NEW Zoo), cash, or credit cards
- An invoice can be created for you upon your arrival; you can take that back to your school and then mail in the payment
- Bus parking is available ONLY in the upper lot located at the top of the hill next to the zoo. Buses may use the main parking lot across the street from the zoo only for the drop-off or pick-up of group passengers.
- Cars may park in main lot across from zoo entrance
- Parking is free for all cars and buses
- Getting here is easy — visit our Location page for directions.
Hours of Operation
Helpful Hints to Remember
- May is our busiest month of school groups
- Thursdays and Fridays are generally the busiest days of the week. Plan to come on a Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday to avoid crowds – it will make a difference!
- Arrive early to avoid congestion. If you reserve a Zoo Class or Zoo Tour, you should plan to arrive at least 15 minutes early. Late arrival will affect the length of your program.
- All classes and tours are by reservation only. Space is limited, so make your reservations early!
- Picnicking is not allowed on zoo grounds. However, picnic tables are available near the parking lots and in the surrounding Reforestation Camp. You must carry out your trash and recyclables.
- We encourage you to have the cell phone numbers of all adults in your party in case you become separated!
Additions & Extras to Enhance Your Visit
K.C. Stock Safari Train & the Endangered Species Carousel (available seasonally)
Visit the Paws & Claws Gift Shop
*Please note that school groups (and other groups) are no longer able to climb the historic Fire Tower. The Fire Tower is only available to Zip Line customers; however, you may walk up to the base of the tower. Educational graphics are provided at that location.