Contact the Education Department:
- Call 920-662-2405
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
The NEW Zoo is committed to educating our community about the natural world by utilizing the unique resources we have here at our facility. It is our belief that with greater knowledge of the natural world comes a greater appreciation for it, and a greater understanding that each of us can make a difference. By sharing our knowledge, we hope to instill a positive message and inspire all we educate.
Education Department Mission Statement:
The NEW Zoo Education Department aims to foster an awareness, understanding, and appreciation of living organisms and natural environments.
Education Department Goal:
To advance the NEW Zoo’s mission of connecting people with wildlife by providing meaningful educational and engaging opportunities; we hope to spur visitors to make choices and take actions to conserve our planet’s environment and wild places.
We provide a variety of different programs for community members, both on-site and off-site. For more information about our different Education Programs, view the pages below.
Educational OpportunitiesZoo Classes & Tours
- Appropriate for Field Trips and other group visits
- These paid programs are available to Schools and other Groups, such as day care centers, scout groups, corporate groups and more. Classes and Tours must be scheduled in advance and are booked on a first-come, first-serve basis. Programs for all ages are available year-round. We have an indoor classroom space that can seat a maximum of 100 guests. Click for details.
- When you can’t make it to the NEW Zoo, we will bring the zoo to you!
- Zoomobile programs are paid programs that are available year-round and are booked on a first-come, first-serve basis. We can accommodate a variety of audience types, at both indoor and outdoor venues, as weather permits. Zoomobiles are appropriate for schools, churches, day cares, senior centers, corporate groups, private parties, and more! Click for details.
- Whether you have a group of Girl Scouts or Boy Scouts – we’re sure to have a program to meet your needs! Click for details.
- Our ZOO SNOOZE program is perfect for any group! Although most-popular with Scout groups, we can also accommodate church groups and school groups. We even have special school group rates for weekday programs. Our Snooze programs can be tailored for nearly any group type, including families. Click for details.
- These private programs typically involve behind-the-scenes experiences. Geared towards small groups of up to 15 people, Wild Encounters provide a wonderful way to make your visit a once-in-a-lifetime experience! Click for details.
- Zoo Camp is a WILD way for your child to spend the day! Each year, we offer a variety of programs for students entering 5K through 7th grades. Registration begins annually in January, and most classes fill quickly. Click for details.
- Get up-close and personal with our Reticulated Giraffes, Hodari and Zuri! Our unique Giraffe Feeding Experience is open every day of the year! The Experience is staffed by volunteers twice a day, every day, to help you get to know our giraffes.
- For a small fee, you can even have an opportunity to feed the giraffes if you wish. The Outdoor Giraffe Feeding Platform is open seasonally. When temperatures are below 45 degrees, the giraffes will be available for viewing inside the Indoor Giraffe Building, located within the Children’s Zoo. Click for details.
Summer Amphitheater Presentations
- Available Memorial Day through Labor Day, these FREE programs provide our guests with “behind-the-scenes” information about our Program Animals! Our Education Department Interns lead these brief programs throughout the day, then make themselves available for approximately 30 minutes afterwards to allow zoo visitors to meet the Highlighted Program Animal and ask questions.
- Show times are posted on zoo grounds. Programs are weather-dependent, as our Amphitheater is outdoors.
- See the 2019 Schedule here.
Exhibit Chats & Pelican, Otter, Penguin Feedings
- Available Memorial Day through Labor Day.
- See the 2019 Schedule here.
Animal Encounters and Information Stations
- Available seasonally, visitors can have opportunities to have FREE hands-on educational experiences. You can find Animal Encounters and Information Stations throughout the zoo from Memorial Day to Labor Day. Occasionally, we are able to offer these programs at other times of the year, as well.
Zoo Programs occur rain or shine. Cancellation and Severe Weather Policies for the majority of our programs are as follows:
- Cancellations made prior to one week before the date of the program will be refunded 50% of the price of the program.
- Cancellations made within one week of the program and/or “no-shows” on the day of the program will not receive a refund.
Severe Weather Policy
- Programs will be cancelled by the NEW Zoo if Green Bay City Schools are cancelled due to severe weather or in the event of a severe weather warning in Brown County.
- If your program is cancelled by the NEW Zoo, you will be informed by telephone as soon as possible and you will receive a full refund.
- Programs WILL OCCUR during rain and snow if no severe weather warnings are present.