Contact the Education Department:
- Call 920-662-2405
- Email email@example.com
The NEW Zoo is committed to educating our community about the natural world by utilizing the unique resources we have here at our facility. It is our belief that with greater knowledge of the natural world comes a greater appreciation for it, and a greater understanding that each of us can make a difference. By sharing our knowledge, we hope to instill a positive message and inspire all we educate.
Education Department Mission Statement:
The NEW Zoo Education Department aims to foster an awareness, understanding, and appreciation of living organisms and natural environments.
Education Department Goal:
To advance the NEW Zoo’s mission of connecting people with wildlife by providing meaningful educational and engaging opportunities; we hope to spur visitors to make choices and take actions to conserve our planet’s environment and wild places.
We provide a variety of different programs for community members, both on-site and off-site. For more information about our different Education Programs, view the pages below.
Educational OpportunitiesVirtual Experiences
- Get up-close and personal with NEW Zoo experts and live Animal Ambassadors from the comfort of your classroom (or from your students’ own homes!).
- We offer two formats of Virtual Programs designed to meet the current needs of classrooms across the country, including both live, interactive video chats designed for single classrooms of students, and pre-recorded, custom videos that can be downloaded and shared with multiple classrooms. Click for details.
- Appropriate for Field Trips and other group visits
- These paid programs are available to Schools and other Groups, such as day care centers, scout groups, corporate groups and more. Classes and Tours must be scheduled in advance and are booked on a first-come, first-serve basis. Programs for all ages are available year-round. We have an indoor classroom space that can seat a maximum of 100 guests. Click for details.
- When you can’t make it to the NEW Zoo, we will bring the zoo to you!
- Zoomobile programs are paid programs that are available year-round and are booked on a first-come, first-serve basis. We can accommodate a variety of audience types, at both indoor and outdoor venues, as weather permits. Zoomobiles are appropriate for schools, churches, day cares, senior centers, corporate groups, private parties, and more! Click for details.
- Whether you have a group of Girl Scouts or Boy Scouts – we’re sure to have a program to meet your needs! Click for details.
- These private programs typically involve behind-the-scenes experiences. Geared towards small groups of up to 15 people, Wild Encounters provide a wonderful way to make your visit a once-in-a-lifetime experience! Click for details.
- Zoo Camp is a WILD way for your child to spend the day! Each year, we offer a variety of programs for students entering 5K through 7th grades. Most classes fill quickly. Click for details.
- Get up-close and personal with our reticulated giraffes!
- For a small fee, you can even have an opportunity to feed the giraffes if you wish. The Outdoor Giraffe Feeding Platform is open seasonally. When temperatures are below 45 degrees, the giraffes will be available for viewing inside the Indoor Giraffe Building, located within the Children’s Zoo. Click for details.
Exhibit Chats & Pelican, Otter, Penguin Feedings
- Available Memorial Day through Labor Day.
- Stay tuned for the 2022 schedule
Animal Encounters and Information Stations
- Available seasonally, visitors can have opportunities to have FREE hands-on educational experiences. You can find Animal Encounters and Information Stations throughout the zoo from Memorial Day to Labor Day. Occasionally, we are able to offer these programs at other times of the year, as well.
Zoo Programs occur rain or shine. Cancellation and Severe Weather Policies for the majority of our programs are as follows:
- Cancellations made prior to one week before the date of the program will be refunded 50% of the price of the program.
- Cancellations made within one week of the program and/or “no-shows” on the day of the program will not receive a refund.
Severe Weather Policy
- Programs will be cancelled by the NEW Zoo if Green Bay City Schools are cancelled due to severe weather or in the event of a severe weather warning in Brown County.
- If your program is cancelled by the NEW Zoo, you will be informed by telephone as soon as possible and you will receive a full refund.
- Programs WILL OCCUR during rain and snow if no severe weather warnings are present.