The Giraffe Feeding Experience is currently closed due to COVID-19. The Feeding Experience will not reopen when the Zoo does on June 10th. Watch our COVID-19 Info Page for details on when the Feeding Experience will reopen.
Giraffes are at risk of contracting COVID-19. We appreciate your understanding as we work to keep them safe!
The NEW Zoo’s Giraffe Feeding Experience is an amazing experience in indeed – in fact, it’s practically one-of-a-kind! No where else in the country will you find a program quite like ours with such accessibility and affordable pricing. The Giraffe Feeding Experience is open year-round, outdoors at the Feeding Platform seasonally, and indoors at our Giraffe Building during cold or inclement weather. Zuri and Nigel, our Reticulated Giraffes, are waiting to meet you! So don’t delay – enjoy this experience today!
Schedule In Spring, Summer, and Fall (April 1st through end of October) AM = 10:30am-1:15pm PM = 2:15pm-5:00pm
In Winter (November 1st through end of March) AM = 10:30am-12:15pm PM = 1:15pm-3:00pm
- $1 per two pieces of romaine lettuce or other type of seasonally-available leaves/browse
- There is NO COST to meet the giraffes; only to feed if you desire. Feeding is optional.
- The outdoor Giraffe Feeding Platform is located near the center of the zoo — across from the Agouti exhibit and beside the North American Plains exhibit.
- The indoor Giraffe Feeding Building is located within the Children’s Zoo.
Want to get to know the giraffes a little better?
- If you are interested in getting a “behind-the-scenes” look at our giraffe, consider a Wild Encounter: Zoo Encounter program! Find details here.
- Consider becoming a Giraffe Volunteer! For details, visit our Volunteer page.