Currently, the Giraffe Feeding Experience will NOT be open daily due to limited staffing. The Feeding Experience will be open when possible, but we will be unable to guarantee or advertise a set schedule in advance. We appreciate your understanding.
Please note: face coverings are required to participate in the Giraffe Feeding Experience, and to approach the giraffes at the feeding area. Anyone who is unable to wear a face covering will be unable to feed or approach the giraffes. Please consider bringing your own face masks. The zoo will have single-use, disposable masks available at the feeding area for both children and adults, so anyone who does not have a mask with them will be welcome to use one of those, but we encourage guests to bring your own masks whenever possible. Giraffes are at risk of contracting COVID-19. We appreciate your understanding as we work to keep them safe!
The NEW Zoo’s Giraffe Feeding Experience is an amazing experience in indeed – in fact, it’s practically one-of-a-kind! No where else in the country will you find a program quite like ours with such accessibility and affordable pricing. The Giraffe Feeding Experience is open year-round, outdoors at the Feeding Platform seasonally, and indoors at our Giraffe Building during cold or inclement weather. Zuri and Nigel, our Reticulated Giraffes, are waiting to meet you! So don’t delay – enjoy this experience today!
Please note this schedule is subject to change without notice. We do our best to keep this page updated so you know what to expect prior to your visit.
- In Winter (November 1st through end of March)
- AM = 10:30am-12:15pm
- PM = 1:15pm-3:00pm
- August 2021 update: the Giraffe Feeding Experience will NOT be open daily due to limited staffing. The Feeding Experience will be open when possible, but we will be unable to guarantee or advertise a set schedule in advance. We appreciate your understanding.
- In Spring, Summer, and Fall (April 1st through end of October)
- AM = 10:30am-1:15pm
- PM = 2:15pm-5:00pm
- $1 per two pieces of romaine lettuce or other type of seasonally-available leaves/browse
- There is NO COST to meet the giraffes; only to feed if you desire. Feeding is optional.
- The outdoor Giraffe Feeding Platform is located near the center of the zoo — across from the Agouti exhibit and beside the North American Plains exhibit.
- The indoor Giraffe Feeding Building is located within the Children’s Zoo.
Want to get to know the giraffes a little better?
- If you are interested in getting a “behind-the-scenes” look at our giraffe, consider a Wild Encounter: Zoo Encounter program! Find details here.
- Consider becoming a Giraffe Volunteer! For details, visit our Volunteer page.