The NEW Zoo’s Giraffe Feeding Experience is an amazing experience in indeed – in fact, it’s practically one-of-a-kind! No where else in the country will you find a program quite like ours with such accessibility and affordable pricing. The Giraffe Feeding Experience is open year-round, outdoors at the Feeding Platform seasonally, and indoors at our Giraffe Building during cold or inclement weather. Zuri, our Reticulated Giraffe, is waiting to meet you! So don’t delay – enjoy this experience today!
- In Spring, Summer, and Fall (April 1st through end of October)
- AM = 10:30am-1:15pm
- PM = 2:15pm-5:00pm
- In Winter (November 1st through end of March)
- AM = 10:30am-12:15pm
- PM = 1:15pm-3:00pm
- $1 per two pieces of romaine lettuce or other type of seasonally-available leaves/browse
- There is NO COST to meet the giraffe; only to feed her if you desire. Feeding is optional.
- The outdoor Giraffe Feeding Platform is located near the center of the zoo — across from the Agouti exhibit and beside the North American Plains exhibit.
- The indoor Giraffe Feeding Building is located within the Children’s Zoo.
Want to get to know the giraffes a little better?
- If you are interested in getting a “behind-the-scenes” look at our giraffe, consider a Wild Encounter: Zoo Encounter program! Find details here.
- Consider becoming a Giraffe Volunteer! For details, visit our Volunteer page.