Join Zoo experts behind-the-scenes at the NEW Zoo for an Insider’s Encounter. See the inner workings of the Zoo’s Nutrition Center and Animal Hospital, and enjoy a private encounter with zoo animals! You’ll learn all about the wild ways zoo staff care for the animals, while hearing stories and enjoying experiences you can’t get anywhere else.
Every Insider’s Encounter includes:
- A behind-the-scenes tour of the Zoo’s Nutrition Center, “Georgia’s Kitchen”
- Learn how we provide proper nutrition for over 200 animals
- See how and where our food is stored and prepared
- A behind-the-scenes tour of the Cornerstone Animal Hospital
- Learn about the medical care zoo animals receive
- Go inside the treatment room; observe the surgery room
- A live animal encounter and the opportunity to take photos
- Exact animal(s) met during the Program is decided upon by zoo staff, based on certain variables
- The animals that may be included in the program include the reticulated giraffes, the Aldabra tortoises, or the African penguins
- $375 for up to 15 people; OR $25 per person for 16 to 50 people (Zoo admission is included)
- Children under 3 are free
- Approximately 90 minutes
- Call 920-662-2405
- Email email@example.com
Before you Book, Please Note:
- For safety reasons, children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Tour content is best for audiences over the age of 8, but all ages are welcome.
- Groups larger than 17 people will be split into smaller groups and rotated through the different areas during the program.
- The Zoo reserves the right to cancel any tour due to unforeseen circumstances. The Zoo will contact you to reschedule your tour.
- Payment for Insider’s Encounters is due within 10 days of booking. Programs cancelled up to 1 week before the date of the program will receive a 50% refund.
- If it becomes necessary to reschedule your tour for another date, you may do so by calling at least 48 hours before the tour without incurring any additional charges. Tours cancelled with less than 48 hours’ notice will have 30 days to reschedule and may incur a $25 rescheduling fee. No refunds or rescheduling opportunities will be given for no call/no shows.
- We welcome individuals with special needs. While all of our public spaces and visitor amenities are fully accessible, some of the behind-the-scenes areas visited through our tour program may not be. Please discuss any special needs or requirements with the Tour Agent prior to booking. We thank you in advance for understanding that in compliance with best practices for zoo animal welfare, as well as quarantine protocols outlined by federal regulations and the Association of Zoo and Aquarium accreditation standards, service animals are not permitted in our behind-the-scenes animal areas.