For more information or to register:
- Call 920-434-7841 ex. 2405
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Wild Encounters are for small groups of up to 15 people, unless otherwise noted. Four different types of private encounters are available, each described below. Program cost does not include admission to the Zoo. Children must be accompanied by an adult. Additional people over 15 can be added for the cost of $5 per person, plus admission.
ZOO ENCOUNTER $100
- Approximately thirty minutes in length
- Our Zoo Encounter program takes place out in the Zoo, where your group will have the opportunity to experience one of the zoo exhibits and its animals in a fun and personal way. These programs can include anything from a special keeper chat to an animal enrichment session, and they offer you a way to get to know your favorite zoo animals better. We currently can offer behind-the-scenes GIRAFFE ENCOUNTERS as well as ALDABRA TORTOISE ENCOUNTERS. Call for availability, or to see if any other critters can be incorporated into a program for you.
ZOOKEEPER ADVENTURE $100
- Our most-popular “Wild Encounter!”
- Approximately 2 hours in length. Additional 2-hour blocks can be added for $100 each.
- This program is designed for one person, especially for those interested in the life of a zookeeper! Even Children (ages 8 and up) can participate in this adventure that will involve a variety of “zookeeper activities,” from cleaning to feeding to educating. Participants are sure to experience an unforgettable day!
VETERINARY ADVENTURE $250
- Approximately 4 hours in length
- This program is designed for a maximum of up to six participants (ages 10 and up), especially for those interested in the life of a Zoo Veterinarian. Experience what it’s like to be a “zoo vet for a day.” You will get to go behind the scenes and shadow the NEW Zoo’s veterinarian, Dr. Tracey Gilbert. “Dr. G” will take participants on her weekly rounds, allowing you to (safely) observe medical examinations and procedures, and she’ll be sure to educate you all along the way! Don’t forget to bring your camera: participants are sure to have an amazing experience you won’t want to forget. Veterinary Adventures can be scheduled on Wednesday or Thursday mornings only, and are subject to the veterinarian’s availability.
For more information, or to register for a Wild Encounter, please call 920-434-7841 ex 2405 or email email@example.com.
To return to the Main Education Department Page, click here.