Zoo Camp is a WILD way for children to spend the day! Each year, we offer a variety of programs for students entering 1st through 7th grades. Most classes fill quickly.
Summer Zoo Camp “Basics”
Children must be registered to attend a day that corresponds to their age group. The grades listed correspond to the grade the child will be entering at the end of the summer. Children should dress for the weather and wear comfortable shoes. Pre-registration is required and a limited number of spaces are available for each day’s session. Parents must provide a sack lunch for each child.
- $40 per day for single-day camps
- $90 per session for two-day camps
- Zoo Pass Members receive a 20% discount
- 8:45 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. daily (drop-off begins at 8:35am; pick-up begins at 3pm)
- Face coverings are required for all students and staff when indoors (except when eating/drinking)
- The Zoo can provide disposable face coverings in both child and adult sizes
- Classrooms will be set and capacity will be limited to ensure proper social distancing as recommended by the CDC and American Camp Association
- Children will be assigned their own craft/activity supplies, and the Zoo will sanitize all supplies and classroom spaces at the end of each program
- We will spend lots of time outdoors, when weather allows
All Zoo Camps include
- Live animal visits in the classroom
- Educational presentations
- Tours of the Zoo
- Fun, hands-on activities like games or crafts
- A morning snack (students choose from peanut-free popcorn cooked in coconut oil OR nut- and dairy-free pretzels or animal crackers)
- A short, educational video is watched during lunch time
- An afternoon treat (like a freeze pop or granola bar, based on weather)
Behind the Scenes
Due to safety concerns and the availability of animal care staff, we are not able to offer behind the scenes tours for most camps. Camps with behind-the-scenes experiences are specified in the program description. Animal contact experiences ARE provided for all camps.
Medication and Allergies
Medication cannot be administered or dispensed by zoo staff (with the exception of EpiPens needed on an emergency basis). Campers must be able to take their own medication. However, staff can carry medications and help children remember to take them. Staff are first-aid and EpiPen trained. If your child is bringing an EpiPen or other medication to camp, you will be asked to note this on the child’s Release Form and provide authorization for its use. If your child has any food-specific allergies, you are welcome to pack a snack in addition to lunch. Your child will be permitted to eat their home-packed snacks during snack time.
Special Needs Campers
Please detail any physical, academic, or social special needs your child has that our staff should be made aware of. Special needs will be accommodated to the best of our ability, provided we know in advance of your camp date. If your child is not self-sufficient, you may be asked to provide a non-parent aide for the program(s). Feel free to give the Education Coordinator a call or send an email to discuss in detail.
Can parents stay with kids?
Our camp program is designed for children who are able to be successful in group-oriented programs without parent involvement.
What happens in poor weather?
Zoo Camp happens rain or shine. Programs will be cancelled by the NEW Zoo if Green Bay City or Howard-Suamico Schools are cancelled due to severe weather, or in the event of a severe weather warning in Brown County. If a severe weather warning begins after Zoo Camp has already begun, we will keep children in a secure safe shelter until after the warning has expired. This means that pick-up may be pushed back, but we will communicate with you via email and/or text in those situations. If your program is cancelled by the NEW Zoo, you will be informed by telephone and email as soon as possible and you will receive a full refund. Programs WILL OCCUR during rain and snow if no severe weather warnings are present.
Cancellations made prior to one week before the date of the program will be refunded 50% of the price of the program. Cancellations made within one week of the program and/or “no-shows” on the day of the program will not receive a refund.
How do I register?
Registration for the 2021 season is closed. Check back after January 1st for 2022 program info!